Turfgrass SpecialistObjective: Assist the Turf Manager in servicing new and existing customers in both residential and commercial settings. Turf Maintenance includes but is not limited to: turf chemical applications, rough mowing, finish mowing, athletic field maintenance, turf cultural practices, irrigation system scheduling and maintenance.
- Perform site inspections on designated properties to ensure quality of turf maintenance, while also providing enhancement suggestions and keeping overall property care in mind.
- Perform field work on key projects requiring expertise and/or as needed.
- Maintain customer relations with all RJ Lawn Service, Inc. customers.
- Apply appropriate treatment products with quality and efficiency on an as-needed basis.
- Record accurate information on job tickets, including time-keeping and materials usage.
- Perform and track maintenance of designated equipment at proper intervals in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations as well as helping to train and oversee turf department employees with equipment maintenance.
- Assist Turf Manager in training and supervision of turf department staff.
- Attend continuing education classes as required to maintain certifications.
- Attend company meetings as requested for overall company development.
- Promote, demonstrate and enforce safety procedures.
- Reinforce company policies.
- Support and enforce RJ Lawn & Landscape vision, mission, and core values.
- Investigate and resolve horticultural issues and/or diseases.
- Perform snow removal duties as assigned by snow department manager.
- Work with turf department employees to ensure time budgets are being met and help employees increase turf maintenance efficiency.
Measure of Accountability:
- Number of quality issues
- Turf Maintenance Tasks Over/Under Time Budgets
- Customer Satisfaction (Customer compliments or complaints)
- Annual Financial Goals of Turf Department
- Attendance and Punctuality Record
- Sign a Confidentiality and 2 Year Non-Solicitation Agreement.
- Maintain Valid Driver's License with Class A CDL (no air brakes)
- Maintain 3OT Chemical Applicator License in the State of Iowa for turf grass applications.
- Possess and maintain Category 5 and 6 (Right of Way and Aquatics) Chemical Applicator License in the State of Iowa within 60 days.
- Continuing Education
- Company cell phone
- Health Insurance options: RJ Lawn Service, Inc. to pay a minimum of 50% of employee rate (see current offerings for details)
- Simple Individual Retirement Account with 3% match by RJ Lawn Service, Inc.
- Seven Paid Holidays (6 Federal plus Employee Birthday)
- Earned PTO Program
- Bonuses based on production and profitability of RJ Lawn Service, Inc. at the sole discretion of Management.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Starting wages at $18 - $24/hr. (based on experience)
- Overtime pay
- 45+ hrs. per week available during the grow period
- 32 Hour Program
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement plan with 3% employer match
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision
- Paid training / Continuing Education
- Paid Holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Uniforms provided, safety boot allowance
- Company vehicles & cell phones
- Great work environment with nice equipment
- Guaranteed Winter work
- Employment to begin immediately
Our Vision: Set the gold standard of quality that makes us proud of our properties, our projects, our people, and our profession
Our Mission: Provide the quality experience every client deserves by delivering our best every day.
We're passionate about our company, what we do, and the quality service we provide. RJ Lawn Service Inc. is an established lawn & landscape company with a great reputation for quality work and a solid customer base. Our NEW STATE OF THE ART indoor/outdoor showroom, office and shop are located in Waukee, Iowa -an upper middle-class community on the west edge of Des Moines. Est. 1997, RJ Lawn Service Inc. offers services in landscape design & installation, lawn care, irrigation maintenance, grounds maintenance, and snow removal. Our company consists of a strong team of skilled, hardworking and loyal individuals who are rewarded as the company continues to grow. The current team members enjoy the challenges of growth, while emphasizing quality and innovation through hard work and continuing education.
RJ is committed to being the highest paying company in our industry. We want to continue to be the best lawn & landscape company in the area, which requires more great people on our team. If you have or know someone with potential for greatness, we'll help train and educate for advancement in your career. We are constantly growing and promoting members of our team who display characteristics of a great RJ employee.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Associate (Preferred)
- Turf: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- 3OT Applicators license (Preferred)